Are you interested in the development field? Do you enjoy working with kids on a daily basis? Are you considering a career in social services? Are you a creative, energetic person who enjoys a challenge? If so, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Alabama may have an opportunity for you!
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- promote and stimulate program participation, especially for teens;
- register new members and participate in their Club orientation process; and
- provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for members
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure Club and child safety, quality programs and good appearance of the club at all times. Track and assess outcomes through periodic activity reports.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly staff meetings.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- Drive Club van.
- May assist with activities with younger Club members
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in working with youth
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications (may acquire after employment)
- Valid Driver’s License
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Part-time